ENGAGE has prepared a number of resources for individuals to make use of to ensure that the loss of 1,400 Palestinian lives during the recent heavy bombardment of Gaza is not forgotten and any crimes committed by Israel fully investigated. Where crimes are proven to have been committed we must insist that those responsible be prosecuted, be they ministers or soldiers.
You can play your part by:
- Downloading a copy of the video (use link below) and circulating it widely. Take a copy of it along to your MP's surgery and ask that s/he watch the scale and horror of the massacre of innocents in Gaza. Let her/him know that you would like to know what measures the British government took to dissuade and deter the Israelis from committing these horrendous acts.
Download Video (Use right click and then 'Save Target as...')
- Print off the ENGAGE sample letter to MPs/MEPs and insist that your representative provide a detailed response to the questions raised.
- Print off a copy of the ENGAGE Khutbah on Gaza and ask your local mosque administration board to devote a Jumu'ah khutbah to the topic of Gaza and the actions Muslims must take to ensure this never happens again.
- Print off a copy of the ENGAGE open letter to the Foreign Secretary and ask your local mosque to display it prominently for others to read. And use it as a guide in drafting your own letter to the Foreign Secretary.
- Finally, counter the misapprehensions of the Palestine-Israeli conflict among the general British population by downloading the ENGAGE leaflet '8 things the media won't tell you about Gaza and the West Bank' and photocopying it for wide distribution. Hand it out in your town centres and other places, and counter the media bias of what happened in Gaza, and Palestine.
It is imperative that we now seek answers to the questions of whether Israel violated the Geneva Convention on obstructing humanitarian assistance to civilians and whether it illegally used white phosphorus, a banned weapon, in its bombing campaign. We also need to insist on our government re-thinking our arms sales to Israel and the upgrade of the EU - Israel trade agreement.
|< Prev||Next >|